Sunday, June 3, 2012

Scrap Boxes

I really like this book... Sunday Morning Quilts.  It has a lot of great ideas for scraps.  This one.... I just couldn't live without!  I separated all of my scraps by color.  Then I used them to make color coordinated scrap boxes!  The hardest part was eating enough cereal to cut up enough light weight cardboard to put inside of them! 

I left off the labels (if I can't tell that the box made with blue fabric is for blue scraps, I probably shouldn't be a quilter).  I have them lined up on my cutting table.  I think they are so cute!  If/when we finish our basement and I make an actual sewing room, I hope to have these on shelves above my cutting table. 

Here are the quilted panels, all cut and ready to be sew together




I even had a little help putting all of the piece together!


Here's the original idea

and here are my boxes!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...I enjoy hearing your feedback!