Thursday, March 1, 2012

when it snows outside - i can finally sew my snowman quilt

The first weekend in February, this is what we woke up to on Saturday morning! 



This is our deck, our COVERED deck!!!

 The snow didn't stop most of the day either... we ended up with 12-15 inches that day. 
It was a perfect day to start my snowman quilt.  I purchased this fabric on my quilt trip I took last fall.  But it's very hard to work on a flannel snowman quilt when it is 40, 50, even 60 degrees outside!  This Nebraska winter has been so weird....  So the first sign of snow, I decided to tackle it. 

most of the top is done!
Of course, I get this far, and I'm out of fabric.  I didn't exactly buy the fabric and the pattern together, so I was stuck.  A few weeks later, I did make a trip to Fremont and purchased additional fabric.  I'll add a skinny red border and then an additional wider black border after that.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to quilt it or if I'll tie this one. (I'm a chicken, I know.  It's big, it's flannel, and so far, the mega quilter is not up and running.  Stay tuned.....)  Now that it's the first of March, I better hurry up and finish it.  I may not see anymore snow until next winter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...I enjoy hearing your feedback!