Thursday, July 21, 2011

I heart Craigslist


Husqvarna Mega Quilter on King Size Grace Frame
 I found a KILLER deal on Craigslist!  Yep, this baby was used ONCE and now it is mine!!!!  Actually, I share it with my sister-in-law and fellow quilter.  My husband was kind enough to drive to Iowa to pick it up.  That included taking it entirely apart and then reassembling when we got it back to our home.  I am so overwhelmed by it, but I (we) will figure it out!!!  I currently have an obsession with mini quilts, but Jami, my quilting sister-in-law, has 4 quilt tops ready in waiting to give this bad boy a try.  I'm guessing we won't dust it off until fall, but, until then, here it is.  My (our) beautiful mid-arm quilter.  I can't wait.  I hope I (we) can tackle this!!!

4 comments:

  1. What fun! You will surely enjoy your new quilting machine. When I got my 1896 Singer Long-arm quilting machine (off of Craigslist, too!), I practiced one time with a large piece of fabric (and batting/backing), and then started on a REAL quilt. I just had to get started quilting on a real quilt!
    Mrs. Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I live in Iowa but never think to look on Craig's List for thing. Can't wait to see you put it to use, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! That's the one I have. :D Which I have to get in gear and actually use more than once! I'm such a goof. I have such a hard time getting over certain things, but once I do I really run with it. Hopefully that'll happen in the next 2 weeks.

    Enjoy your new Bad Boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say to this is WOW! Every quilters dream! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment...I enjoy hearing your feedback!