Tuesday, July 19, 2011

some of my faves

There are times (practically every night of my life during the week) where I just sit and ponder what I want to make next.  Usually this takes place around 9:30 at night.  This is when the demands of my life as a working mom and wife are over and I have a minute or two to myself.  So I sit on my killer new electric reclining leather loveseat (my husband's pick, which i secretly love and publicly claim to be ridiculous), tv on in the background with some Bravo or A&E dvr'd show playing mindlessly.  I reach down to my secret stash of books.  I always keep four or five of them next my spot on the killer ridiculous love seat.  Then I start to dream.  Do you do that?  I look at this book and that book.  I think of my stash of fabrics and plan my next project.  When will I get to this project?  Maybe never!  Because I already have a queen size bed in the basement next to my sewing area with planned projects all layed out.  But it doesn't matter.  I still thumb through one or two books every night.  Sometimes a new one will make it into the rotation.  Sometimes a top fave will make it to the bed in the basement and get paired with some awesome fabric. 

Here are some of my faves in my current rotation....



 It is no coincidence that this is being posted at 9:33pm on a Tuesday night!  Such is my life!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment...I enjoy hearing your feedback!